Office for the Public Sector
A strong public sector is essential for the State to prosper. Our goal is to work with public sector agencies to develop a world-leading public sector for the benefit of all South Australians. Agencies and employees provide many essential services to the community and we work with them to help them to deliver their best.
- encourage people and teams to continually improve
- encourage innovation
- develop and promote leadership programs
- develop employment determinations and guidelines , ethical codes and conduct standards
- provide advice on enterprise bargaining and industrial relations matters
- provide advice and develop policies on human resource issues
- collect and analyse information about the public sector workforce to guide planning
- develop health and safety strategies and provide injury management services
- administrate the Jobs SA website
- administer and implement the Public Sector Act 2009 through the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment.
We also work closely with non-government organisations, industry and the community. This collaborative approach is essential to harness the full potential of the public sector workforce and consistently deliver excellence.
We are an independent business unit within the Department of the Premier and Cabinet (DPC) . The Premier formed the Office in 2014 to centralise a number of public sector management services and improve productivity.
To find out more about what we were doing in 2017, read our Strategic Objectives.