ANZSOG Two Day Course – Influencing Human Behaviour: Solutions for public policy programs and projects with Dr Liam Smith
June 21, 2017
Influencing Human Behaviour: Solutions for public policy
A two-day workshop with Dr Liam Smith, BehaviourWorks Australia
According to Dr Liam Smith… “So much government activity is about behaviour change. We increase the odds of success by opening up new ways of thinking and revealing new methods and tools.”
This workshop will explore problems and help you understand behavioural drivers, how to design and test interventions supported by the right data, methods to collect the right data, and how to evaluate impact. It has been developed for those leading government programs, who are keen to understand how behaviour plays a role in the success of their work. By attending you will:
- learn how you can avoid common behaviour change mistakes
- develop the ability to understand a problem at a systems level and then drill down to identify and prioritise specific audiences and behaviours to address
- discover tools that can increase the chances of behaviour change in a target audience
The methods covered can be scaled for projects of different sizes and budgetary parameters.
Over two days, Liam will use public sector case studies and compelling examples of behavioural solutions to show participants how to apply a behavioural lens to problems faced by policy makers at any level.
Content will include:
- Influences on human behaviour – how to identify and measure them
- Common behaviour change mistakes – how to avoid them
- Working with data to support interventions
- Tools to support a conceptual exploration of the problem
- Tools to increase the odds of behaviour change in a target audience
- Classic policy tools versus behavioural solutions
- Using behavioural change solutions in the policy cycle.
About your facilitator: Dr Liam Smith, BehaviourWorks Australia (BWA)
Liam Smith is the Director of BWA at the Monash Sustainability Development Institute. Prior to taking up this role, he was Director of the Tourism Research Unit, also at Monash University. Liam has recently overseen the creation of a new Strategic Plan for BWA and over the next five years will direct the transition from a sustainability-focused research unit to one with a broader public good focus, conducting research on behavioural issues in health, state revenues and workplace safety.
Date: Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 June 2017
Time: 9:00am (registration) 9.30am – 5.00pm
Location: PwC, Level 11, 70 Franklin Street, Adelaide
Cost: $1,300 + GST
Eligibility: This course is open to state, commonwealth and local government executives, middle managers and aspiring managers.
Click here to register for this workshop on the ANZSOG website.Back to top