Determinations of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment are binding and cover a range of public sector employment matters.
Under Section 16(1) of the Public Sector Act 2009, the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment:
“…may issue determinations relating to
(a) employment in the Public Service; and
(b) public sector employment outside the Public Service that is declared by another Act or the regulations under this Act to be employment to which this section applies.”
Merit Engagement, Assignment of Duties and Transfer of Non-Executive Employees (Determination 1)
This Determination covers employment matters such as merit, engagement, assignment of duties and the transfer of non-executive employees and also covers merit based selection processes.
Excess Employees - Income Maintenance (Determination 2)
Determination 2 covers the income maintenance provisions that apply to excess employees.
Employment Conditions - Hours of Work, Overtime and Leave (Determination 3.1)
This Determination covers hours of work and overtime as well as the range of leave provisions available to public sector employees and the circumstances in which they can be accessed.
A new Determination has been approved by the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment to take effect on 1 July 2016.
The new Determination establishes a whole of government policy which provides for 15 days Domestic/Family Violence Leave under Section F – Special Leave With Pay and Leave Without Pay across the South Australian public sector.
The previous Determination 3.1 can be accessed on the Archived Publications page on this website.
Employment Conditions - Remuneration - Allowances and Reimbursements (Determination 3.2)
This Determination details the range of the allowances and reimbursements available to public sector employees, the rates and circumstances in which they can be paid and reimbursed.
Maps showing the location of the General Area Locality Line and metropolitan Adelaide boundary are also available below, which should be read in conjunction with the relevant provisions of this Determination.
Qualifications for Designated Whistleblower Contact Officers (Determination 4)
- This Determination outlines the qualifications required for designated Whistleblower contact officers.
Classification and Remuneration (Determination 5)
This Determination details the classification and remuneration arrangements including minimum qualification requirements for public sector employees.
- Commissioners Determination 5 Classification and Remuneration (PDF) 507KB
- Attachment 5 TGO Classification Standard (PDF) 193KB
- Attachment 2 Determination 5 Classification Standards ASO (PDF) 330KB
- Attachment 3 Determination 5 Classification Rules and Requirements (PDF) 248KB
- Attachment 4 Determination 5 How to Classify Duties (PDF) 115KB
- Allied Health Professional classification assessment template (DOCX) 27KB
- Professional Officer classification assessment template (DOCX) 25KB
- Technical Officer classification assessment template (DOCX) 25KB
- Administrative Services classification assessment template (DOCX) 25KB