Return to Work Services for agencies
To ensure injury management and return to work processes in our sector are consistent, Practice Notes based on the provisions of the Return to Work Act 2014 have been developed to provide guidance to agency-based injury management practitioners. They should be incorporated into each agency’s injury management systems and operational policies.
As the practice notes draw heavily from the Return to Work Act 2014 and corresponding Regulations, as well as established case law, they are subject to change. Additional practice notes may be issued or existing practice notes updated to ensure that they remain current and compliant with the legislation.
Transition of Public Sector Injury Management Services to ReturntoWorkSA from 1 July 2017 – find out more here.
SAPS Injury Management Practice Notes
- Calculation of Calculation of Average Weekly Earnings (PDF) 198KB
- Claim Determination (PDF) 295KB
- Common Law (PDF) 209KB
- Compensability of Injuries (PDF) 392KB
- Complaints (PDF) 385KB
- Dispute Resolution (PDF) 151KB
- Early Assessment and Intervention (PDF) 199KB
- Employer's Duty to Provide Work (PDF) 146KB
- Income Support (PDF) 285KB
- Interim Benefits (PDF) 216KB
- Lump Sum Payment for Economic and Non-Economic Loss (PDF) 237KB
- Making a Claim (PDF) 217KB
- Management of Medical and Other Expenses (PDF) 137KB
- Managing dependency claims v2 (PDF) 381KB
- New Claim Investigation (PDF) 291KB
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss (PDF) 397KB
- Notification of an Injury (PDF) 212KB
- Permanent Impairment Assessment (PDF) 300KB
- Recovery & Return to Work Plans (PDF) 257KB
- Redemption of Future Liability (PDF) 369KB
- Seriously Injured Workers (PDF) 392KB
- Transitional Arrangements (PDF) 313KB
The Practice Notes based on the Workers Rehabilitation & Compensation Act 1986 have been archived, but are still available for your reference on our Archived publications page.