Public Sector Act 2009
The Public Sector Act 2009 outlines what is expected of the public sector and its employees. The Act sets the standard for a service-focused, responsive, collaborative and ethical organisation. The Act also outlines the rights of employees to a fair and just workplace that recognises achievement and provides opportunities for growth.
The Act and associated regulations help maintain a high-performing public sector that delivers services in line with community and Government priorities.
The Act sets out:
- principles to guide the whole of the public sector
- whole-of-Government objectives
- simplified arrangements for movement of employees across the whole of the public sector
- the requirement for performance management and development systems across the whole of the public sector
- processes for the review of employment decisions
- the powers and responsibilities of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment
- and more.