Strategic Leadership: How to operate strategically at an executive level with Dr Margaret Byrne – SORRY THIS SESSION IS FULL
June 6, 2017
Strategic Leadership: How to operate strategically at an executive level
THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL. PLEASE REGISTER BELOW FOR A WAITLIST
Recruiters for executive roles place heavy emphasis on strategic capability for good reason. It is the responsibility of upper levels of management in any organisation to ensure that sufficient time is allocated to generating a well considered, viable plan for the future. Candidates looking to move into senior management roles often have no trouble recounting how they tackle the day-to-day, operational matters. In contrast, many stumble when asked about strategic perspectives. Even when people have definite strategic capability there is often an inability to talk about it because they aren’t able to access models, frameworks and perspectives of how it works. In this practical module, strategy is demystified through examples and application of a range of useful strategic tools.
- Understand what strategy is and how practical tools can assist you to achieve high quality strategic outcomes. Know how to distinguish between a strategic and an operational approach.
- Examine five key elements of strategic contexts and six essential skills of strategic leaders. Consider how these can strengthen and direct your own strategic approach.
- Use a range of practical tools (and the insights from earlier in the module) to complete a series of strategically-oriented exercises with colleagues.
- Explore a range of strategy planning tools that will guide future strategic planning efforts and also serve you well in executive level interviews.
- A proven, highly practical and evidence-based program that enhances strategic thinking and strategic planning capability.
- A range of practical tools and tips to support strategic thinking and strategic planning, both individually and with colleagues.
- An opportunity to develop and practise tools and techniques during the workshop. People often deploy their skills within minutes of the module ending!
- Learning alerts in the first couple of weeks after the module to reinforce your new strategic skills. Four monthly briefings that will keep strategy and strategic thinking front-of-mind and refresh and deepen your learning
Who is it for?
Female executives or women aspiring to executive roles. ASO7 and above or equivalent.
About the Facilitator: Dr Margaret Byrne, Principal Consultant
Margaret holds three awards for innovation in the design of executive development and change management programs. She is known for the way she balances intellectual rigour with a passion for practical outcomes that make a measurable difference to leaders and their organisations. Clients value her ability to stimulate strategic thinking and change at all levels. Her resources on cultural competence in print, film and online formats are widely used by consultants in Australia and internationally, as well as being used as texts in Masters Programs in universities in Australia and Europe.
Date: Tuesday 6 June 2017
Time: 1:30pm – 5:00pm
Location:: The Science Exchange, 55 Exchange Place, Adelaide
Eligibility: South Australian Public Sector employees
Register below for the waitlist