Code of Ethics Awareness Program for the South Australian Public Sector
Version 1.2: June 2017
ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
This awareness program serves as a general introduction and guide to the Code of Ethics for the South Australian Public Sector (“Code of Ethics”). Where examples are provided, the discussion relates to just those examples and does not take into account the individual context and circumstances of scenarios as they might occur in the ‘real world’.
When completing this awareness program, we recommend you refer to the Code of Ethics and keep a copy for future reference.
HOW THIS TRAINING WORKS
This is a self-paced training session that should take approximately 30 minutes to complete. As your progress cannot be saved, you will need to complete the course in one sitting.
Once a section is completed a shaded box will appear next to the topic in the menu to indicate completion.
After clicking on the link below, a sign in box requesting your name should appear in the center of the page. This is so your name can appear on the “completion screen” at the end of the program. Your name, progress and completion are not recorded or tracked by the Office for the Public Sector.
NOTE: If the sign in box does not appear, refresh the page until it does.
- The course requires Adobe Flash software
- The program is optimised for PC and may not operate correctly on other devices
- Before you begin, ensure that your screen resolution is at least 1280 x 1024
- Do not resize or maximise the course window (i.e. do not make it larger)
- Ensure the zoom setting on your internet browser is set to 100% by holding down the ‘Ctrl’ key and pressing ‘0’ (where ‘0’ = zero)
- Please use your mouse and click Next to move through the slides
Disclaimer: The new Public Interest Disclosure Act 2018 commenced on 1 July 2019, replacing the Whistleblowers Protection Act 1993. The Code of Ethics Awareness Program is currently under review and will be updated to reference the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2018 and its obligations.