Streamlining live music regulation
This project will design an optimal regulatory environment that supports a thriving business and music industry in consultation with the community.
To achieve these goals the project will:
- map the current regulatory framework to identify barriers, including roles and responsibilities
- conduct case studies to build a solid evidence base
- remove unnecessary or duplicative barriers and implement reform within the 90 days where feasible
- design an optimal regulatory environment for live music venues
- the feasibility of a case management (or equivalent service) to support existing and prospective live music venue operators; and
- non-regulatory alternatives to aid venues in showcasing live music;
- design implementation strategies.
The key economic priorities guiding the project are to enhance our vibrant city and endorse South Australia’s reputation as the best place to do business and a destination of choice for travellers.
View the final report.Back to top