Foundations of Directorship for the Public Sector: Three-day program
February 26, 2018
Due to overwhelming demand the February/March 2018 Program is now FULL. To be notified of future Program dates please click here to register for the Wait List.
In collaboration with the Office for Women, the Office for the Public Sector is pleased to offer this three-day program in support of achieving SA’s Strategic Plan Target 30 to increase the number of women on all State Government boards and committees.
This program provides a comprehensive overview of the three components of directorship: governance, strategy and risk, and finance.
You will be equipped with a clear understanding of the duties and responsibilities of directors, the role of the board and the importance of good governance to organisational performance in the public sector.
You will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and essential features of corporate governance.
- Identify the role and key functions of the board and its directors, directors’ rights, and their associated liabilities and protections.
- Identify the relevant regulatory frameworks and explain the roles of various regulators.
- Interpret the key financial statements of an organisation.
- Explain how to monitor the financial and non-financial indicators of organisational performance and the role of corporate strategy in driving financial performance.
- Discuss a director’s role in formulating, implementing and monitoring strategy and how to establish and manage key strategic planning frameworks.
- Illustrate a director’s role in identifying, assessing and managing risk and discuss risk avoidance, risk culture and risk appetite.
Who should attend?
Current and aspiring female public sector managers, board members, executive team members and statutory office holders looking to enhance their governance knowledge and capability.
Dates: Monday 26 Feb, Monday 5 March and Wednesday 14 March 2018
Time: 9:00am – 4:30pm each day (Registrations from 8:45am)
Venue: Level 23 Westpac House, 91 King William Street, Adelaide
Cost: $2,465 (plus GST) per participant
How to register
Due to overwhelming demand the February/March 2018 Program is now FULL. To be notified of future Program dates please click here to register for the Wait List.Back to top