Leading with Purpose, Living our Values with Denise Picton
March 1, 2018
“…as a public sector we are focussed on the ever changing needs of South Australians and the place of Government in helping to grow the State’s prosperity and wellbeing.”
Our Premier asks each of us as senior public servants to align our leadership practice to this statement of purpose. We know this can be challenging given the diversity and volume of service we provide, and evolving needs and expectations.
The purpose of this workshop is to provide a reflection and working space that will allow participants to:
- Re-examine the notions of purpose, vision and values
- Engage in deeper dialogue about the meaning of the Premier’s statement, and how it must drive our practice
- Re-affirm the link between the public sector’s purpose and values
- Review and develop leadership stories that create line of sight between the work of each participant’s agency and the Premier’s call to action
This workshop will tackle questions such as:
- What do the terms really mean….mission, purpose, vision, values?
- Can purpose and values make a difference? What can we learn from the private sector about their use of purpose statements? How are we each understanding the purpose?
- How can we translate this important, overarching purpose statement for our own teams?
Who should attend?
- Mid-level managers keen to better understand how their leadership practice can rise to the Premier’s challenge
- Leaders keen to work with colleagues from across the sector to review and challenge their thinking and leadership stories
About your facilitator: Denise Picton, Managing Director, Oztrain
Denise has provided consulting and learning services to the SA Public Sector for over thirty years. She has worked with executive teams in every part of the sector over that time. Although she enjoys working with local government and private sector executives, Denise is a staunch fan of state public servants, and believes talking about purpose and strategy should be engaging and energising. She works hard to create workshop spaces where participants can feel safe to think, talk and share, but where they also walk away feeling challenged to change and to implement refreshed thinking back in the work place.
To register for the Leading with Purpose, Living our Values Wait List please click hereBack to top