Leadership and Development
Professional and courageous leadership is an important attribute of a healthy and vibrant public sector, and effective management ensures our sector is efficient and productive.
There are three competency frameworks to guide aspiring and current leaders in building their skills and knowledge:
Are you a current or aspiring leader? An aspiring executive or public sector executive looking for future development opportunities?
The Office for the Public Sector would like to invite you to register your details on our website so that we can keep you up to date with future leadership training, events and programs.
Chief Executive Development Suite
Our Chief Executive Development Suite is a range of services tailored to the needs of chief executives.
The range of services available to chief executives include:
- FAST START induction program.
- Customised roundtable discussions focused on hot topics identified by Chief Executives
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Advice and support to identify, assess and develop your leaders.
- Opportunities to share your experiences and reflections on public sector leadership.
We work one-on-one with chief executives to tailor these programs to their needs.
Current leadership development programs
We are currently working on strengthening and broadening the range of leadership development activities for aspiring and current public sector leaders. Current programs include the:
- South Australian Leadership Academy
- Jawun Executive Secondments
- Public Sector Management Program
- South Australian Executive Service (SAES)
Current and aspiring leaders are also encourage to participate in external leadership programs, such as the Governor’s Leadership Foundation and courses run by the Institute of Public Administration Australia (IPAA).