Professional and courageous leadership is an important attribute of a healthy and vibrant public sector, and effective management ensures our sector is efficient and productive.
There are three competency frameworks to guide aspiring and current leaders in building their skills and knowledge:
To be kept up to date with future leadership development training, events and programs, please click here to join our Register of Interest.
Chief Executive Development Suite
Our Chief Executive Development Suite is a range of services tailored to the needs of chief executives. The range of services available to chief executives include:
- Customised roundtable discussions focused on hot topics identified by Chief Executives
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Advice and support to identify, assess and develop your leaders.
- Opportunities to share your experiences and reflections on public sector leadership.
We work one-on-one with chief executives to tailor these programs to their needs.
Current leadership development programs
We are currently working on strengthening and broadening the range of leadership development activities for aspiring and current public sector leaders. Current programs include the:
- South Australian Leadership Academy
- Jawun Executive Secondments
- Public Sector Management Program
- South Australian Executive Service (SAES)
Current and aspiring leaders are also encouraged to participate in external leadership programs, such as the Governor’s Leadership Foundation and courses run by the Institute of Public Administration Australia (IPAA).