Executive Induction Program
In response to the rapidly evolving situation surrounding COVID-19, we are deferring all South Australian Leadership Academy face-to-face programs and workshops indefinitely. We acknowledge that this is an unprecedented time for everyone and we appreciate your understanding.
We will update this page with tools, resources and a revised schedule once it has been established, and will be in contact with all currently enrolled participants directly when changes to program delivery occur.
South Australian Leadership Academy team
The Executive Induction Program is a three day program, held over three weeks, which features more than 20 speakers from across the public sector and external organisations. The program focuses on the critical knowledge that South Australian executives need to deliver on the government’s economic and strategic priorities, and comprises a variety of presentations, facilitated discussions and Q&A sessions.
Experienced leaders, ministers, chief executives, and other highly regarded experts present the sessions and provide high-level insight into the challenges and opportunities of leadership in the South Australian Government. The induction encourages and promotes executives to develop cross-government networks.
Register here for the August 2020 intake.
The three day Executive Induction program covers a wide range of topics including:
- SA Government strategic priorities, challenges and opportunities
- Minister and Chief Executive perspectives on working with Ministers – hear directly from a Minister and a Chief Executive on how to make the relationship between senior government staff and Ministers work, some of the challenges, tips and insights
- Roundtables with Chief Executives – get up close and personal with Chief Executives in a small group environment to hear about their leadership journey, expectations of executives and perspectives on public sector issues
- Engaging with the cabinet process – hear from the Cabinet Office about the cabinet submission process, the complexities involved and work through case studies on recent cabinet submissions
- Budget process and cycle – hear from Treasury and Finance on the state of the budget and the current budget cycle
- Policy development – hear from experts about how to create policies that can significantly impact how you achieve outcomes for your agency and the state
- ICAC expectations and implications for Executives – the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption shares stories and examples to help understand and discuss the requirements of the ICAC Act and Public Disclosure Act.
- Plenty of opportunities to ask questions and network across the group
- Sessions on topical issues relevant to new public sector executives
It is mandatory that all new SAES executives undertake the program in their first year as an executive in the South Australian Public Sector. Non-SAES executives are also welcome to participate in the program.
Time and Investment
The program is run over three days, across several weeks, from 9:15am to 4:30pm each day (registrations from 9:00am).
To register for the August intake in 2020, click here.
$2,000 plus GST per person, with each round limited to a maximum of 34 places.
“Excellent program – thoroughly enjoyed it and will take lots of useful information back to my role:
“There was excellent diversity of relevant topics and case studies.”
” Overall, a very valuable training – definitely worth the investment of 3 days. I looked forward to each day with enthusiasm and learned lots (some new, some reinforced what I already knew/thought I knew).”
“The program was broad enough to ensure relevance across multiple areas.”
We value your questions and feedback. Please direct any general enquiries to Tracy Nissen, Senior Leadership Development Consultant (see contact details below) or via email to DPCSAES@sa.gov.au
Senior Leadership Development Consultant
(w) 8204 2275 (e) Tracy.Nissen@sa.gov.au