Eligibility for Re-Employment Register
The Eligibility for Re-Employment Register assists agencies to check if former South Australian Public Sector employees are eligible for re-employment in the public sector.
In response to the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption’s recommendations, the register was developed in consultation with agencies, to support more rigorous integrity checking during the recruitment process and help achieve better informed recruitment outcomes.
The register will include records of former Public Sector employees and public officers who have:
- been dismissed on the grounds of misconduct; and/or
- resigned during a misconduct investigation.
In addition, the register will also include information about former Public Sector employees and public officers who have accepted a termination payment requiring exclusion from employment within the public sector for a period of time following resignation, as outlined in relevant policy. Examples include:
- receipt of a Targeted Voluntary Separation Package (or other separation scheme such as the Teacher Renewal Program payment)
- receipt of a worker’s compensation redemption
- receipt of a termination package following executive employment or public office.
The register aligns with the One Government One Employer program which aims to deliver better, more efficient HR services on a whole of government basis.
Stringent security protocols are in place to protect the confidentiality of data in the register.
For more information South Australian Public Sector agencies should email PublicSectorHR@sa.gov.au.