Skilling SA Public Sector
The Office of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment is driving the Skilling SA Public Sector Project to support more than 2600 participants to undertake a vocational qualification in the SA Public Sector over four years up to June 2022.
The Skilling SA Public Sector Project will build workforce capability by providing education and career opportunities for South Australians, and includes our Aboriginal Traineeship Program.
A Signature Project of the state government’s Skilling South Australia initiative , this project will support training and skills development and address skills shortages across the private and public sectors.
The Skilling SA Public Sector Project will broaden opportunities through an expanded scope of eligible qualifications in areas such as IT, Cyber Security, Health and Education Services, Human Resources, Work, Health and Safety and Project Management.
For any enquiries relating to the Skilling SA Public Sector Project please email OCPSESkillingSA@sa.gov.au.
Project Information for Public Sector Agencies
Agencies that wish to directly employ a trainee, apprentice or graduate are asked to complete this online form. Here, you can access Group Training Organisation recruitment services funded by OCPSE.
Agencies interested in hosting a GTO-employed trainee or apprentices can learn more from the documents below:
Signature Project FAQS
Skilling SA Public Sector Pathways
Through the Skilling SA Public Sector program participants may:
- be employed by the SA Public Sector as apprentices, trainees or graduates on a contract of training
- be a trainee or apprentice employed by a Group Training Organisation and hosted in a public sector agency for the work component of their traineeship, or
- be an existing public sector employee training in an area of key skill demand
Existing Trainees and Graduates
If you are an existing SA Public Sector trainee or graduate still undertaking your placement from a previous program, or a Supervisor of an existing Trainee or Graduate and have any queries, please contact the Office of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment.
- Induction – Welcome to the South Australian Public Sector
- I Work For SA
- Public Sector Values
- Code of Ethics for the South Australian Public Sector
- Public Sector Act 2009
- South Australian Modern Public Sector Enterprise Agreement: Salaried 2017
- SA Public Sector Interim Award (including trainee employment conditions and wages)
- Employment Conditions (Commissioner’s Determination 3.1)
- The obligation on employees to report they have been charged with a criminal offence
- Information on apprenticeships/traineeships – Department for Innovation and Skills
- Aboriginal Employment
- Independent Commissioner Against Corruption SA
- Training and Skills Development Act 2008
- Super SA (Superannuation)
- Social Media Guidance for Agencies and Staff