Skilling South Australia: Government Apprenticeship and Traineeship Signature Project
The Office of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment is driving the Skilling SA Government Apprenticeship and Traineeship Signature Project (the Signature Project) to support more than 2600 participants to undertake a vocational qualification in the SA public sector over four years up to June 2022.
The Skilling SA Signature Project will build workforce capability by providing education and career opportunities for South Australians, and includes the SA public sector Aboriginal Traineeship Program.
The Signature Project is part of the Government’s Skilling South Australia Initiative which will support training and skills development needs and assist with addressing skills shortages across the private and public sectors.
The Signature Project will broaden opportunities through an expanded scope of eligible qualifications in areas such as IT, Cyber Security, Health and Education Services, Human Resources, Work, Health and Safety and Project Management.
A traineeship within the South Australian Public Sector allows you to learn in a supportive work environment. You’ll be paid to undertake a mixture of study and on-the-job training, culminating in a nationally-recognised vocational qualification. You will also be matched with a mentor.
A trainee’s qualification is decided by an agency based on workforce requirements and will be specified in each job advertisement.
For any enquiries relating to the Skilling SA Government Apprenticeship and Traineeship Signature Project please email OCPSESkillingSA@sa.gov.au.
Signature Project FAQS
Signature Project Pathways
As part of this new signature project participants may:
- be employed by the SA Public Sector as apprentices, trainees or graduates on a contract of training
- be a trainee or apprentice employed by a Group Training Organisation and hosted in a public sector agency for the work component of their traineeship, and
- be existing public sector employees training in key skill demand areas
Existing Trainees and Graduates
If you are an existing SA Public Sector trainee or graduate still undertaking your placement from a previous program, or a Supervisor of an existing Trainee or Graduate and have any queries, please contact the Office of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment.
- Induction – Welcome to the South Australian Public Sector
- I Work For SA
- Public Sector Values
- Code of Ethics for the South Australian Public Sector
- Public Sector Act 2009
- South Australian Modern Public Sector Enterprise Agreement: Salaried 2017
- SA Public Sector Interim Award (including trainee employment conditions and wages)
- Employment Conditions (Commissioner’s Determination 3.1)
- The obligation on employees to report they have been charged with a criminal offence
- Information on apprenticeships/traineeships – Department for Innovation and Skills
- Aboriginal Employment
- Independent Commissioner Against Corruption SA
- Training and Skills Development Act 2008
- Super SA (Superannuation)
- Social Media Guidance for Agencies and Staff