Everyone wants to reduce the human and financial impact of workplace injuries. We believe this can be achieved by working together as a team. This means effective communication and collaboration between claims managers, return to work providers, employers, employees and medical practitioners. Everyone must be focused on supporting injured workers to return to the workplace as safely and quickly as possible.
The Government of South Australia is committed to supporting our injured workers. We have a strong focus on supporting your quick, safe and sustainable return to suitable employment.
Although the South Australian Public Sector is made up of a number of agencies, we operate as one employer. The Your Road to Recovery booklet gives an overview of employees’ rights and responsibilities, our obligations as your employer, what happens when you lodge a claim for a work-related injury and the process of returning to work.
Injury Management Practice Notes
To ensure injury management and return to work processes in our sector are consistent, Practice Notes based on the provisions of the Return to Work Act 2014 have been developed to provide guidance to agency-based injury management practitioners. They should be incorporated into each agency’s injury management systems and operational policies.
As the practice notes draw heavily from the Return to Work Act 2014 and corresponding Regulations, as well as established case law, they are subject to change. Additional practice notes may be issued or existing practice notes updated to ensure that they remain current and compliant with the legislation.
- Authority to Provide Information to Super SA (PDF) 497KB
- Calculation of Calculation of Average Weekly Earnings (PDF) 198KB
- Claim Determination (PDF) 295KB
- Common Law (PDF) 209KB
- Compensability of Injuries (PDF) 392KB
- Complaints (PDF) 385KB
- Dispute Resolution (PDF) 151KB
- Early Assessment and Intervention (PDF) 199KB
- Employer's Duty to Provide Work (PDF) 146KB
- Income Support (PDF) 285KB
- Interim Benefits (PDF) 216KB
- Lump Sum Payment for Economic and Non-Economic Loss (PDF) 235KB
- Making a Claim (PDF) 217KB
- Management of Medical and Other Expenses (PDF) 137KB
- Managing dependency claims v2 (PDF) 381KB
- New Claim Investigation (PDF) 291KB
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss (PDF) 397KB
- Notification of an Injury (PDF) 212KB
- Payment of Provider Accounts on SIMS (PDF) 542KB
- Permanent Impairment Assessment (PDF) 300KB
- Recoveries Against Third Party Wrongdoers (PDF) 513KB
- Recovery & Return to Work Plans (PDF) 257KB
- Redemption of Future Liability (PDF) 369KB
- Seriously Injured Workers (PDF) 392KB
- Transitional Arrangements (PDF) 313KB
The Practice Notes based on the Workers Rehabilitation & Compensation Act 1986 have been archived, but are still available for your reference on our Archived publications page.