Public Sector Act 2009
The Public Sector Act 2009 outlines what is expected of the public sector and its employees. The Act sets the standard for a service-focused, responsive, collaborative and ethical organisation. The Act also outlines the rights of employees to a fair and just workplace that recognises achievement and provides opportunities for growth.
The Act and associated Public Sector Regulations 2010 help maintain a high-performing public sector that delivers services in line with community and Government priorities.
The Act covers a number of topics including, but not limited to:
- Principles to guide the whole of the public sector
- Whole-of-Government objectives
- Simplified arrangements for movement of employees across the whole of the public sector
- Requirement for performance management and development systems across the whole of the public sector
- Processes for the review of employment decisions
- Powers and responsibilities of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment